Pinnacle Foods Group is recalling certain Aunt Jemima Frozen Pancakes because they may contain soy protein, an undeclared allergen.
According to its news release, the company initiated the recall after discovering there may have been cross-contact on the same equipment with a product that contained soy protein.
There have been no reports of adverse reactions.
People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to soy protein should not eat the recalled pancakes, but the pancakes are safe to eat if you are not allergic to soy protein.
The recall applies only to the following products: “AUNT JEMIMA FROZEN PANCAKES” packaged in cardboard cartons with the UPC codes listed below, which were sold and distributed nationally, with a ‘Recommended Use By Date’ from November 1, 2011 up through October 16, 2012. The use-by date is in the white box on the end of the carton.
The recall is for:
– AUNT JEMIMA PANCAKES BUTTERMILK LOW FAT 12/14.5oz UPC 19600-05100
– AUNT JEMIMA OATMEAL PANCAKES 12/14.8oz UPC 19600-05490
– AUNT JEMIMA PANCAKES BUTTERMILK 12/14.8oz UPC 19600-05820
– AUNT JEMIMA PANCAKES HOMESTYLE 12/14.8oz UPC 19600-05910
– AUNT JEMIMA CONFETTI PANCAKES 12/14.8oz UPC 19600-05955
– AUNT JEMIMA WHOLE GRAIN PANCAKES 12/14.5oz UPC 19600-06040
This recall applies only to the Aunt Jemima Frozen Pancake products listed above and does not include waffles, French toast, entrees, sandwiches, boxed pancake mixes or syrups.
For more information contact the company at 1-888-299-7646 daily from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Time.© Food Safety News