The Food and Drug Administration issued a warning Friday about a bottled curry sauce distributed in the United Kingdom that U.S. consumers might have ordered via the Internet.
According to The BBC news, however, three children, all siblings, may have botulism poisoning after eating the sauce. Two of the children were being treated in Glasgow last week, while the third child was admitted to hospital on Wednesday.
There are no reported cases of illness related to the sauce in the United States, according to the FDA.
The recalled product comes in 350 ml jars with the batch code 1218R and a sell-by date of February 2013.
The FDA advised consumers who might have the korma sauce not to use it even if it does not look or smell spoiled, and said it should be thrown out in a sealed container, then placed in a trash receptacle for non-recyclable trash outside of the home so that people and animals, including wild animals, cannot get to it.
Loyd Gossman is an American-born chef, musician and former TV presenter in the UK who sells a line of sauces manufactured by Premier Foods at its factory in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk.© Food Safety News