Header graphic for print

Food Safety News

Breaking news for everyone's consumption

Dole Recalls Thousands of Bags of Salad Greens

Dole Fresh Vegetables has recalled 2,800 cases of its own Italian-blend brand bagged salad greens, as well as salad greens packed under the Kroger Fresh Selections Italian Style Blend brand, because they could be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.

Dole officials said in a news release that the recall was initiated after “an isolated instance” in which one package of the salads yielded a positive result for Listeria during random testing by the Ohio Department of Agriculture.

The salads were distributed to retailers in Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maine, and the Canadian provinces of New Brunswick, Ontario and Quebec.

The salads have June 19 use-by dates, 7143000819 UPC codes and these product codes: 0049A157201A, 0049A157201B, 0049A157202A, 0049A157202B, 0686A157202A and 0686A157202B. The recall includes 442 cases of Kroger Fresh Selections Italian Style Blend salad with June 19 use-by dates, UPC code 1111091045 and product codes A157201A and A157201B.

Dole reports no illnesses associated with the salads, and says its customer service representatives are contacting retailers to verify the recalled product has been pulled from sale.

Consumers who have any packages with these product codes should not consume the salad greens but rather discard them. Retailers and consumers with questions may call the Dole Food Company Consumer Response Center at 800-356-3111 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. (PDT) Monday through Friday. 

© Food Safety News
  • Robert Daniel

    We purchased a large plastic container of Dole Spring Mix greens. When preparing salads for supper today,I fou.nd a long piece of green,hard plastic strapping material in the greens….possibly 12 inches long!!!! Imagine my surprise!!!Dole…..you need to realize that this is a safety and bacterial hazard.People check your salad greens…..someone could have choked had the plastic been smaller!