A California company has recalled cooked and fresh products containing broccoli that were distributed to Safeway, Vons, Pavilions and Pak N’ Save stores in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Taylor Farms Pacific announced the recall after a random test by agricultural officials was positive for Listeria monocytogenes. No illness has been reported in connection with the recalled products.
The affected products have “use by” dates of Feb. 7, 2011 to March 7, 2011.
The products include:
– TFarms, Snack Pot Penne Alfredo 8/10.75 oz Tray
– Raley’s, Asian Pasta Toss 1/12 oz Tray
– Signature Cafe, Veggie Pleaser 4/23 oz Tray
– Raley’s, Yellow Curry Chicken Rice Bowl 17 oz Tray
– Signature Cafe, Veggie Pleaser 1/23 oz Tray
– Raley’s, Veggie Blend 4/12 oz
– Raley’s, Cheese Stuffed Shells W/Rustica Tomatoes Sauce 14 oz
– TFarms, Snack Pot Pasta Primavera 8/12 oz Tray
– Raley’s, Grilled Chicken Breast W/Mashed Potatoes & Gravy 14 oz
– Raley’s, Vegetable 1/3(hash) Tray
– Raley’s, Broccoli Rice & Cheese 16 oz Tray
– Raley’s, Vegetable & Dip Pre-made Impulse 1/28 oz Tray
– Raley’s, Udon Pork Noodle Bowl 17 oz Tray
– Signature Cafe, Mediterranean Snacker Tray 4/34 oz
– Raley’s, Udon Chicken Noodle Bowl 17 oz Tray
– Signature Cafe, Mediterranean Snacker Tray 1/34 oz
– Raley’s, Family Grilled Chicken Penne Alfredo 37.5 oz Tray
– Raley’s Vegetable Catering Kit
Safeway issued its own recall of broccoli salad and pasta salad, both sold at its store delis, and two pre-packed vegetable trays in connection with the Taylor Farms Pacific announcement. The product information is available here.
Listeria monocytogenes is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
Customers are asked to discard these products or return them to their local store for a full refund. Customers who have questions about the recall can contact Safeway at 1-800-SAFEWAY or Taylor Farms at 209-835-6300.© Food Safety News