USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) late Wednesday expanded its Oct. 30 public health alert for an undetermined amount of various meat and poultry products produced without the benefit of federal inspection by Brooklyn’s N.Y. Gourmet Salads Inc.
No illnesses have yet been associated with the expanded FSIS alert.
The public health alert was initiated based on evidence collected during an ongoing investigation being conducted by FSIS involving N.Y. Gourmet Salads Inc.
Evidence showed that the establishment has been producing products without federal inspection and distributing them into commerce.
Federal inspection services at N.Y. Gourmet Salads Inc. were suspended in November 2009. N.Y. Gourmet Inc. previously conducted a recall of products produced without the benefit of federal inspection on March 11, 2010.
FSIS will continue to provide information as it becomes available, including information about any related recall activity.
Additional products subject to this expanded alert include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 4.5-pound and 5-pound containers of “Lemon Grilled Chicken”
- 5-pound containers of “Grilled Chicken”
- 4.5-pound and 5-pound containers of “Breaded Chicken”
- 6-pound containers of “Stuffed Cabbage”
- 5-pound containers of “Grilled Chicken, Plain”
- 5-pound containers of “Teriyaki Grilled Chicken”
- 5-pound containers of “Chopped Chicken Liver”
The implicated products were produced between April 20, 2010, and Oct. 29, 2010, and were distributed to retail establishments in New York.
The products in the Oct. 30 alert included the following:
- 5-pound tubs of “Chicken Salad” (This product was observed in commerce bearing the N.Y. Gourmet Salads Inc. label.)
- 5-pound trays of “Meatballs & Sauce”
- 5-pound trays of “Meatballs”
- 5-pound trays of “Swedish Meatballs”
- 5-pound trays of “Sausage & Pepper”
The implicated products were produced between March 11, 2010, and Oct. 29, 2010, and were distributed to retail establishments in New York.
Labeling information on the above products is currently unknown, unless otherwise noted above.
The products subject to this public health alert may or may not bear the N.Y. Gourmet Salads Inc. label with the establishment number “P-34440” or “M-34440” inside the USDA mark of inspection.
A retail distribution list(s) is available on the FSIS website.
It will be updated as more information becomes available.© Food Safety News