Header graphic for print

Food Safety News

Breaking news for everyone's consumption

Food Poisoning for World Cup Volunteers

Ninety Fifa World Cup volunteers were treated for food poisoning after eating breakfast at the Mbombela Stadium in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga on Friday.

Local organizing committee spokesman Rich Mkhondo said, “they got sick after eating food this morning. Some of them were vomiting while others suffered from diarrhea.”

An investigation had been launched to determine if the food was contaminated and if so, how it got contaminated, Mkhondo said.

© Food Safety News